The Catalyst Group does three essential things:
- helps you identify your strategic needs and opportunities
- maps out the business development strategies for helping to address them, and
- executes the transactions to implement the strategies.
We help you explore questions like:
- Should you build or buy?
- What is the exit strategy for your investors?
- Should you use a corporate partnership to execute part of your strategy?
- Are you well capitalized enough? If not, what are your financing options?
But you may still ask: Why do I need an intermediary?
An outside intermediary can make the process of corporate development
move more quickly, effectively, and profitably. There are several reasons:
See the success we've created for other companies
- Higher price. An intermediary, like an agent for an actor or a sports star, is often able to negotiate a higher price than the principals. We have the experience in structuring deals creatively to maximize the value our clients receive.
- Focus. You're busy running your company, which means you probably don't have the time to do a second job of corporate development. That's all we do.
- Outside perspective. We bring an external, dispassionate view of your company, its markets, technology, and the financial opportunities that may exist for you.
- Easier negotiation. You'll make all the key decisions, but we can handle all the rest of the business that's required to make a deal - or a series of deals - take place in a timely fashion.
- Greater probability of the deal happening. Our experience of navigating the sometimes tortuous process of bringing a deal to closure means that it's more likely it will close successfully.